Broke down and bought The Hobbitt: An Unexpected Journey on BluRay last night and am watching it now because I just couldn’t wait for the extended version anymore. Expect Spams of hobbit related things on my Tumblr. Also DAMN Richard Armitage is sexy. Unf. Even when he had that mullet in Robin Hood.
Dreading work tonight. Starting a job hunt and hoping the money I'm making doing fetish video work will help the bills even more until I can quit the shop. :<
- Current Mood: depressed
- Current Mood: lazy
- Current Music:Game of Thrones episode 10
- George Carlin
Oh yeah, I'm going back to school. Haaa. Joining Job Corps to go and get a vocational degree in hotels and hospitality. Of course my school is located in the middle of no where Kentucky. But hey, it'll be fun.
Oh hey, what did everyone think of Hunger Games? I loved it!!!!!! And less than a month until The Avengers!
(Oh wow, just realized I created this LJ account exactly 8 years ago yesterday. How time flies!)
- Current Mood: uncomfortable
- Current Music:Taylor Swift - Eyes Open
ACTA in a Nutshell –
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources -
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden wherein he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA: Letter 1 | Letter 2 | Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here: Response
- Watch a short informative video on ACTA: ACTA Video
- Watch a lulzy video on ACTA: Lulzy Video
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.Via Tumblr
This entry was also posted at http://cantarina.dreamwidth.org/131889.h
Link to Petition (ty to killzmeded)
Also, please remove my name from the top of the auto-generated post script if you repost this. I didn't know it did that.
- Current Music:Journey to the Center of the Earth